Searching the catalog
- In the large search box on the library’s web page, type search terms in the search box. If you are just starting research on a topic, search "in any field" to get a broad range of results. Make sure the bottom field says "Whitworth" so that you are searching only for books.
- The search results show the availability and location of the book. Look at a library map or ask a library staff person for help finding the different locations.
- If the dot by the location is green, the book is on the shelf. If the dot is yellow, it is unavailable. See The book I want is checked out for instructions on how to request a book that is checked out.
- If the book is in the library, use the call number to locate the book.
- Use the limiters on the left to make your search results more relevant. Choose more specific topics, type of book, date of publication, and more.